Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What's up!?

I have been creating lots of paper stars for an upcoming class.  (I'll show a pic of the wreath I make soon)
My collage class is in a couple of weeks,  I plan on showing some of the background techniques I learned at the Create retreat.  Art is You retreat in Stamford Ct is in October,  I'm taking a few workshops there (how can I not, it's so close to my house)  I'm excited to keep learning.  It so great to actually take a hands on class vs reading about something.   I'm happy to learn and then pass along so everyone can enjoy creating.

I'm working on a piece for an upcoming show about the elections.  I'll post some pics after I put the gel medium on the piece.  I hope the layers appear as I envision.  I'm second guessing what I'm creating, but I guess that's part of the process,  luckily I know who I'm voting for.  Since I have a vagina I'm voting for the party that respects that.  But let's keep this light.

Lastly, my posts have slowed because I'm at the studio painting for my show of toy paintings.  ok, gotta go to work so I can afford to do all this. 

No comments: