Tuesday, October 2, 2012

 I was at the Bean Runner in Peekskill, NY last night.  Carla Rae Johnson (a super smart, fantastic artist) runs "First Monday Salons" as the name implies each month we get together and discuss something artsy.  This month I suggested we create Artist Trading Cards.  Carla Rae took it a step further adding the auction element.  She created Art Bucks (instead of Washington we had Frida and O'Keefe) and created auction paddles in the shape of palettes.  I got to meet new people, see their supplies (ok I might have to go to Michael's to get a new ArtBin) and learn about each other.

 He are just a few of the cards created in less than 45 minutes.  The time flew by,  I would have never thought 3d, but look at this Halloween card.  If you're on my Facebook account, you can see more. I suggest you do something similar in your town.  We are lucky enough to have the Bean Runner,  they are very gracious to host the monthly events (and have great soup!)  And yes, I forgot to take a pic of my creations - trust me, they were fabulous.  Lol


No comments: